Spokane Youth Symphony
Spokane Youth Symphony Tuition Assistance Policy
The Spokane Youth Symphony (SYS) strives to provide financial assistance to students in need so that they may benefit from orchestral experience that SYS provides.
A Tuition Assistance Application and signed Agreement is required for any family requesting help. Tuition assistance is limited to 50% of total tuition unless the Tuition Assistance Committee determines a financial hardship exists that warrants a greater award.
The balance of the tuition must be kept current by the person responsible for the account.
Assistance is non-transferable to another family member; please fill out one application for each student.
One or more of the following documents is required and should be enclosed with applications:
• Copy of current National School Lunch Program eligibility documentation;
• Copy of the most recent signed Federal Tax form (1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ);
• Statement of need from a community resource worker, pastor, or other proof of income.
Tuition assistance cannot be applied retroactively; it is in effect from the time of approval. Assistance does not continue from year to year; it must be renewed each academic year.
All information provided by applicants will be treated with confidentiality.
Spokane Youth Symphony Tuition Assistance Agreement
Tuition assistance recipients agree to:
• Attend rehearsals, concerts and adhere to the conduct expected of SYS students
• Students will thank the Tuition Assistance donors in some way
• Families will complete the volunteer services required by SYS
• Pay the Entrance Fee and the balance of tuition after award
If you are in need of assistance, please submit the application by August 15th. Applications will continue to be accepted as long as funds are available.
Please black out all social security numbers and banking information on your
tax return before sending it to us.
Mail application to:
SYS Tuition Assistance Committee
P.O. Box 9547
Spokane, WA 99209
or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be notified by email of financial aid awards.